Wednesday, July 29, 2009

It's all new!


Will is really learning new things everyday! It's so amazing to see him discovering the world, his home, and himself for the first time. Here are a few of his new accomplishments:

*He is making all kinds of crazy noises now- gurgles, squeals, and "squeaps" (it's what I call them).
*Clasping hands together
*Can push pacifier back into mouth sometimes
*Can balance for about 5 seconds sitting up if he's holding something besides me
*Lifting his butt off the floor using his feet
*Getting better at intentionally grabbing objects
*Taking longer naps- hooray!
*Pushes button on crib toy to turn it on! (it takes a few tries though)
Sitting all alone for the first time! He has to hold on of course, but this proud mama counts it!
Just look at all that junk piled on my bed! Yikes, if I weren't so eager to show off my cute boy I might be embarassed!
Holding his bottle.. well balancing it anyway. Again, I count it!

This is what he keeps doing all the time now, using one hand to put the other into his mouth.

I'm sure there are more things he's doing, but those are the big ones.
ALSO..... Guess what baby slept almost a whole night last night? MINE! He went to bed at 8:30, woke up at 4:30 to eat, and then slept until 7:30! I am so excited. I attribute to sleeping on his tummy though. It still scares me a little, so even though I should be getting some great consecutive hours of sleep, I'm not because I'm constantly getting up to check on him. Naps have been super the past few days too- lasting anywhere from 1-2 hours! That's for morning naps anyway, that last nap of the day from 5-7 is a rough one! We just skipped it yesterday and he spent some time walking around the house with Daddy. I'm crossing my fingers for today!

No comments: