Wednesday, July 28, 2010

San Diego Trip- A Thousand Pictures!

We are finally home! We started out the busy-ness on the 16th with the Thrive Marriage Conference, made our trip to San Diego, and then had my Grandma's memorial service and lunch when we got home on Sunday. We have company staying tonight so I've got to spend my day cleaning and unpacking, but I'll take a few minutes to share about the trip. I wish I could share every great pic we took, but I promise you- there were over 5oo! (This post should be broken up into multiple posts do really do the trip justice, but I just don't have the time. Ok, I probably do, but I just got a new book & am going to retreat into a reading coma for awhile. One of my favorite things to do.)

We left the house at 4:30 am on the morning of Monday, the 19th. Will stayed asleep while we moved him to the car & all the way to the airport- Love Field- not close to us AT ALL. We had absolutely no problems getting parked, checked in, boarding, etc. It was wonderful. Speaking of wonderful... Let me just tell you that my son was the PERFECT child on the planes. ( We had layovers each way which = 4 flights) He snacked, colored, watched his video, and fell asleep. He did not whine, cry, or try to wrestle away from me once! On four flights! AMAZING! Answered prayer is what that is.

Don't worry though, he's making up for it now. Thank you very much.
We stayed with my brother and his wife, Jason and Johanna. They have a great apartment and I really like their neighborhood. Very different from where we live! (That sounds bad, we love where we live- it's just very different)

The first afternoon we went to Balboa park, which was amazing! I must have taken 12 pictures of just trees. As you can see, Will took a spill on the sidewalk the day before we left and had a scab on the side of his face. Of course. The scab was joined by a bruise on his cheekbone our first night there b/c he was spinning in the living room and knocked his face on the coffee table. Of course.
Taking the grand tour
The car seat my brother picked up for us from a rental place b/c we didn't realize until boarding the plane that we forgot the seat in the car.

There were lots of these flags. We had just missed the LBGT festival and parade. Darn!
Some time at the beach. It was just our luck that we had NO sun the whole week we were there. It came out the day we left.

Loading up on sunblock. When you're the whitest family in America you can't be too protected.
He did not want anything to do with the water this day. It was ICE!
Will's cousin Charles.
My first pinkberry. I will be doing a post on all the amazing food we had that week.
Will really warmed up to Aunt Jo once she tamed her morning hair. I'm not kidding at all when I say this- every morning when Johanna came out with crazy hair, Will would scream at the top of his lungs and try to get away!
They had a good time.
Visiting the seals.
We went to a boardwalk area where Steven and I rode this little roller coaster. I haven't rode one in a long time and laughed the whole way.
Riding some little boats.
Are these two trying to buy his affections or what?! Bubble gum ice cream and cotton candy! I was very laid back that week to say the least.

cotton candy fingers

Alcohol, Smoking, Bottles

Just taking a walk with Uncle Jason.

Hi there blue eyes!


A great view of downtown SD
The "holding pen" that Jason and Steven built for Will. Of course it didn't hold him for long.

Sir William having a seat customized for his little bottom.
I never thought we'd get all this sand off.
Ack! A mouthful of sand
Amazing view & a shot of the only hour of sunshine we had.
We were there during the opening day of Comic Con. We drove by and saw lots of incredible people dressed up. Here are some guys dressed like Storm Troopers or something.
Cousin Charles again.
That's my yacht in the back.


Right before going to the airport we stopped for lunch at the Top Gun Kansas City BBQ place. It was good good good.
Will was so exhausted he slept the whole two block walk there and until I woke him when the food came.

We got back Friday night around 11:00. It was such a great week. I loved getting to spend lots of quality time with Jason and Johanna and letting Will get to know them.

*Sidenote* I showed Will a pic of him and Jason and asked, "Will, who is that?" to which he replied, "BOBBO!" Who knows what that means

We definitely look forward to visiting again. Thanks J&J for letting us cramp your style for a week!

Happy Wednesday,

1 comment:

the Provident Woman said...

That looked like a great trip.

Who would have thought, leaving the car seat in the car? Well, that is where it belongs.