Monday, February 22, 2010

10 Months


I'm really falling behind on blogging duties lately. We've been really busy and then really not busy. In the not busy times we are just trying to relax and sometimes updating the blog is the last thing I want to do. Anyway, on Friday Will turned 10 months old! It's funny b/c it doesn't seem as old as it always has before.

He really didn't start too many new things this past month. He is still pulling up on everything! I can't keep him still at all. I really wish I could get him to just sit and play with toys, but he is on the move constantly. Always going, crawling, standing, scooting, exploring, and just plain causing trouble for himself. The poor boy wants in the cabinets, dishwasher, and oven so badly. He really loves looking at books and this will keep him busy for awhile. He has a black eye right now and a red mark under the other one. He got the black eye while at my mom's house from falling over on a mini-basketball goal. Honestly, I need to get him a helmet.

I don't know that I'm cut out to be a boy mom. My heart can't take all the bumps and bruises. I just know with this boy, I have years of this to come.

Hmmm.. let me think if he's doing anything new lately. Maybe just eating new things, strawberries, cheese, and last night he had his first spaghetti dinner. Oh my goodness- he was such a mess and had such a good time! He had to go straight to the tub afterwards. I didn't know if the orange would wash off, but it did. Today we went to play at a friend's house and he had his first taste of brownie. Needless to say he enjoyed it!

Sleeping is about the same. He still cries before every nap and bedtime. Bedtime is around 8:00 and he'll sleep until about 5:30 every morning, when he wakes up crying. I will get him and either rock him back to sleep or let him come to bed with me. I know this is a bad idea, but I'm too tired at that time of the morning. I don't know how we're going to break him of this habit. I guess I'll have to let him cry. We did one morning and he cried for an hour and a half. He's so stubborn (I'm sorry Will, you get that from me).

No talking yet. NONE. No m's, d's, g's. No mama, dada, NOTHING. Just a baba and lots of grunts and squeals and uh's. I'm trying not to worry, but would by lying if I said I wasn't. Everyone keeps telling me it will come. So I'm waiting. Not very patiently, but waiting.

He's actually screaming right now in his crib b/c he's so tired and won't just lay down. If he only knew how much he'd give just for a little nap in about 20 years.




Can you see his little black eye (the right one)?
Eating a whole strawberry
Getting into everything. Unrolling toilet paper is such fun!

No comments: