Thursday, June 25, 2009

Crying It Out

"This hurts me more than it hurts you." - What a parenting cliche- and what a true statement. Today is our first day of letting the baby "cry it out" or CIO. I have taken much appreciated advice from dear friends, talked it over with Steven, and prayed. I will give it a shot, hoping I'm tougher than I think I am. We have a very good baby. He is happy and such a joy to Steven and I. Most of the time he goes to bed at night with no fuss and is put back down extremely easy after each night feeding. However, during the day I am spending all of my time patting and reinserting the paci at nap time. That has left me with the decision to try this approach.

I'll post at the end of each day with a summary of how I do and how he does. I will admit I cried just laying him down a minute ago... and yes, he is crying his little red eyes out right now. Please pray for my heart and determination, and pray for sweet Will. Pray he knows I love him and doesn't feel abandoned.

Ok... going in for the 10 min pat.

No comments: