Friday, March 26, 2010

Just Between Friends Finds!

Yesterday my Mom and I went to the Just Between Friends sale in Grapevine. If you don't know what it is look here. It's basically a giant garage sale for all things baby. There are a few things I had been keeping my eye out for since Will's birthday is in less than a month. Also, he really needs some clothes for the warm weather we are about to have.

I found some really great stuff. I wasn't super impressed with the prices, they weren't as low as I'd hoped they be, but still a good deal. I got him a few cute outfits, some books, a couple puzzles, and these items:
This book: Overboard by Sarah Weeks- I mean there just is not a more perfect book for my kid right now. EVERYTHING gets thrown "overboard"!
Word Whammer! I was really wanting one of these for him. We are saving this for his birthday. I think I paid $10 for it, but it's in perfect condition.
And this! I had been looking for one of these little Laugh and Learn houses too! It's in great shape and I know he's going to have so much fun with it. Especially since it has a light switch that turns on/off the little light. I bet he'll do that all day! (And no, it didn't come with this adorable little black girl) Another birthday gift.
Birthday gift #3- Limbo Elmo! I can't wait to give this to him. Hopefully it won't scare him. It's in perfect condition and I paid $8 for it. It is missing the limbo bar though, but we can improvise.

All in all, I was pretty happy with my purchases. My Dad watched Will b/c Steven was working at the church. Mom and I haven't been out just the two of us since Will was born, so it was so much fun. We ate at La Madeline...mmmm.. I never get to go there. Plus, we got a table by the cozy little fire. Also, I had a real Coke! I never get soft drinks at restaurants- I know- go crazy!
Today I have a couple things to do- pick up pics at Costco, CLEAN- Laundry!- dinner with Steven, Will, and Steven's brother Brian at Salt Grass (someone anonymously gave us a gift card! WOW!), and then maybe color my hair tonight with Haley. It always makes me nervous to do it, but it needs to be done and I would rather do it myself and use that money to put towards Will's party. Which is in full swing planning stages and coming right along! I can't wait!

Wish me luck with the hair... I'm thinking of going a bit darker... yikes!

No comments: