Thursday, February 5, 2009

Where to begin...

It's been too long since I've updated and now there's too much and it's too overwhelming.  So here's the rundown... as quick and brief as I can make it.

I am 27 weeks and 4 days pregnant today.  That only leaves 12.5 weeks to go!  It still seems like  a lot of time and I'm sure it's going to just crawl by.  On Monday, I will officially enter the third trimester.  I'll update again with the latest baby stats.

I have been feeling great.  A couple of weeks ago, we had a scare.  I went in for my regular appt and noticed that I was spotting.  Of course I freaked and was crying my eyes out. There is no worse sight or feeling .  They did a sono and said the baby looks fine and that I am overdoing it, on my feet too much, and probably under too much stress at work.  I took the next day off and since then have really been trying to take it easy.  No more problems, things seem to still be going good.  Praise God for our healthy boy!

We have a 4D sono scheduled for Feb. 14th.  I just can't wait to see that little face!  I hope he'll really be moving, kicking, and punching in there.  I'm so excited b/c we'll get to bring a video home.  Something I'm sure will be viewed nightly at our house!

Steven had a crazy migraine this weekend and we missed the Super Bowl!  His hand and tongue went numb, his speech was not coherent, and then he threw up all afternoon.  Not fun at all.  Poor guy.  

We have not made any more updates to the nursery yet.  A few things are in the mail, on their way here.  We will go Saturday - after my gestational diabetes test- to look at fabric.  I'm not really in a hurry, but I guess I should get on the ball b/c everyone keeps telling me that these last weeks just fly by!  Of course, lots of people keep telling me that these last weeks just drag on and on... I guess we'll see.  I hope they whiz by!  

Last of all, for anyone traveling through Burleson on Wilshire- do NOT by any means stop at the Popeye's chicken there next to Pizza Hut.  No chicken.  One pack of ketchup in the entire restaurant.  No clean tables.  Floor covered in food.  Trash cans dripping with ketchup.  Filthy restrooms.  We should have left.  I'm getting the heebie jeebies just thinking about it.  

Hopefully I'll post again next week with pictures of the growing cannon ball!


2 comments:

Brian said...

Are we sure Steven really had a migraine, cuz those sure did sound like the same symptoms as a massive hangover???

Kristie said...

I'm not listening to you anymore, you're crazy........