Sunday, September 4, 2011

One Month Old!

"Yay!  I'm one month old!  I made it!  These people have kept me alive for a whole month!  Woo hoo!"

 Yes, our baby girl is a month old.  I used to say this for Will, but it seems like just yesterday we brought her home and at the same time it seems like she's been here forever.  
She is such a good baby.  She eats well, sleeps well (for a one month old), and is very content & alert when awake.  She is really starting to notice the world around her and looks all over when she's awake.  We are starting to see some smiles and most of these are for her Daddy.  It's looking like she's going to be a Daddy's girl already.  
The poor thing has already gotten a cold!  This weekend she came down with some nasal congestion, most likely passed on from big brother.  She is not liking the saline drops or nose sucker!  They are seeming to help though.  Will didn't get sick for a long time, but I guess this is what happens when you have siblings.  

This month she's had pretty bad baby acne and her skin is still pretty peely.  I'm so vain that I've been retouching the red spots on the pics.  Hopefully this will all clear up this month.  
She's also gained a good amount of weight- I don't know how much b/c we haven't been to the ped since two weeks, but I can tell she's chunkin' up!  I'm sure we'll have another chubby baby!

We don't have her on a real schedule yet.  The first couple of weeks were filled with nights where she wanted to cluster feed a lot and then we hit the three week growth spurt and she basically wanted to eat around the clock.  Maybe I'll try to get her on one as soon as her cold is all better.  I'm letting her eat as much as she'd like right now so she can absorb as many antibodies from me as possible!  

Anyway, we are in love-love-love with our sweet Olivia!  I can't wait to see how she's going to grow and change in the coming weeks.  We are one blessed family to be given the privilege of raising this little angel!  



 

1 comment:

Tyler and Shea Moses said...

she is so beautiful Kristie! Just a precious little girl to go right along with your handsome little guy. Isnt it crazy how a new baby in the house makes the older sibling seem SOOO old and big?! I can't get over it!