Sunday, September 12, 2010

Will's First Chore

I guess it's not really a chore.  He loves it and asks to do it.  Laundry.  Specifically putting clothes into the washing machine.  He loves throwing the clothes in while the water is pouring in.  I try to get him to take the clothes out of the dryer, but he just takes them out and then wants to put them right back in the washing machine.  He will even take the clothes out of his drawers and carry them to the laundry room.  

So yesterday I moved a stool over and his basket of dirty clothes and let the boy go to town.  He did it for awhile and kept saying, "Boom!" when he threw things in.  It was great!  

I hope this boy continues his love for laundry, because his Mama sure doesn't have it and would love to have someone share the duty.


I had a great video, but who knows why it won't load.  Maybe I'll try again tomorrow.  

Now if I could just teach him to mop, load the dishwasher, vacuum, dust, ...

2 comments:

Jules said...

Haha - thats so cute! Maybe he will be a basketball player!

kh123 said...

Get them involved now while it seems fun- we did and we have two very helpful boys. They see us all working as a family taking care of what we have.