Tuesday, October 20, 2009

6 months!

Yesterday was Will's half year birthday! I CAN believe he's already 6 months! It's a strange thing to say, but I feel like he's been here forever already, much longer than only 6 months. They have been the most wonderful, rewarding, and difficult 6 months of our lives. To celebrate half a year of life (and half a year of survival for me and Steven), I had a tiny little half birthday celebration for Will. I put up streamers and balloons on half of the "dining room" the night before and baked half a cake. I got him a little present and Steven bought him one too that I didn't even know about, very sweet! My parents decided to come by too and brought Will's Grandma Dink (she's my Grandma and we are going to tell Will to call her that- if you know her then you know how perfect a name it is!). It was a nice little party... until we tried to put the party hat on him and the elastic band popped on his poor little chin. Here are a couple pics
Grandma Dink wearing a party hat.
Looking at Will's pitiful little half cake. I forgot the gel writing stuff and candles so we stuck a lit match in it. Hey, it is a half party- it got half effort for sure.
Will just loved the balloons on his chair!
Good morning Mr. 6 Month Old!
This is from a few days before. We stopped at a nursery and took some pics with pumpkins.
My pumpkin
"My Mom and Dad are weird"

How appropriate... did I mention that at his 6 month check up he weighed in at 23 lbs and
11 oz!!! Obviously the 100th percentile, height is 28 inches- 93rd %ile. What a BIG GUY!
Just love this boy!

2 comments:

Tyler and Shea Moses said...

Hey Kristi! I am not sure if you remember me, but we were in Sigma Alpha together! I love the posts of your little boy, what a cutie! We have a 9 month old little girl, so I love to follow blogs of moms with babies! PS: she is 9 months, and just now at 20 lbs! Your boy is growing great!!

VanTravels said...

Wow!!! He's a BIG beautiful boy!!! I can't believe he's already 6 months - what a sweet baby. Your blog is so fancy - how did you do your layout?!?!? I'm messing around with this deal...we'll see. What a great creative tool, eh??! Too fun. God is good and I'm so glad you guys are doing well and are happy.