Saturday, November 13, 2010

A Much Awaited Death

If you know me at all you know how cheap I am. Not just pinching pennies cheap either. I'm the kind of person who sacrifices quality for a low price. I'll get the large bag of frozen chicken breasts at Wal-Mart over the All Natural Name Brand ones. I'd love to get the free range organic chicken, but I'm not working full time right now. So it's bag chicken for the Lentz's. Go ahead and judge me.


Anyway, for the longest time I've been holding off my husband from buying a new tv. We have been the last family on earth to get a flat screen. (So dramatic) We had one of those tv's that is as deep as it is wide and mockingly referred to it as a "round screen". Everytime I suggested to Steven he ask the guys over to watch a game at our house he'd say no way- that no one wants to watch a game on a crappy round screen.


A few months ago the color went out on the tv. My husband was so excited. I know I heard him chanting, "C'mon baby, c'mon baby". Thankfully the color came back and we kept the tv.


Well last week it happened. The tv. died. Like completely died. Black screen and all. We waited it out for about a day and then declared the time of death. I knew the day was coming, but I honestly thought we'd have a little more time together.


That's when Steven starting talking tv lingo- HD, 1080p, LD, LED, plasma,... I stopped him right there- explaining that Black Friday sales were just around the corner... you get the picture. And in the meantime we moved our 19 inch bedroom tv into the living room and the little 13" into the bedroom. It was awesome. You know my husband was so happy. He has bad vision to begin with, you know he loved trying to watch a 13" tv from the bed at night.


Long (unnecessary) story short- he couldn't wait any longer and came home last night with a tv.
It's only a 37", which I am happy about for many reasons- it's modest, under $500, and still fits in our tv cabinet.






World, please welcome the Lentz's to the year 2010.

2 comments:

Rachel Kahindi said...

LOL. I love this story.

Our round screen is still going strong!

Meghan DeHart said...

haha! we still have andy's 19inch from college!! i do believe we will be joining the world this christmas as a gift from his parents!!