Monday, November 24, 2008

3 months later...

Ok, so we are officially the absolute worst bloggers on the web.  At least we made the Penn B's feel better about themselves for a while.  Things have just been a little crazy around our place since school started.  Blogging was the absolute last thing on my list.  

The biggest bit of news is that WE ARE EXPECTING!!  I am 17 weeks pregnant and am due in May.  Cinco de Mayo to be exact.  (I've already promised my coworkers if it's born on that day our baby will be named Juan.)  We found out we were pregnant on the first day of school, August 26th, and for the majority of time since then I have been horribly sick.  I was not sick at all though with my last pregnancy, so I did find some comfort in the constant nausea.  I've finally turned a corner, but for while there I didn't know if I'd make it!  I was sick from the minute I woke up to the minute I went to sleep, around 7:00!  Eating was just torture, everything smelled bad, looked bad, and tasted differently.  I could barely get out of bed after I got home from work.  God bless my poor husband who has picked up every household duty there is.  

Lately though my energy is coming back and I'm able to eat more.  I don't have too many cravings, mostly just pizza.  I'm not at the point yet of wanting to eat non-stop either.  Things are definitely changing though.  My lower abdomen muscles are sore and I get sharp pulling pains if I stand up too fast.  Also, if I feel a sneeze coming on, I quickly have to pull my legs to my chest so I don't pull those muscles.  My tummy is growing, but it's mostly just obvious to Steven and I.  I haven't felt any little "flutters" yet from the goldfish, but I'm hoping to soon.

It's just a crazy thought- I'm actually growing a little person, will go to the hospital to push it out, and then decide to bring it home with me.  Just bizarre.  And absolutely incredible.  

We feel so unbelievably blessed though.  God has been so gracious and good to us.  We try not to take a day of it for granted and spend every minute already thinking about our little one who will be here soon.  

This week the baby should be about 5 inches- about the size of a baked potato.  We have an appt. on Tuesday morning to hear the heartbeat.  We have decided not to do the "quad" testing (I think that's what it's called).  It seems to be the right decision for us.  They could tell us the sex, but won't do another ultrasound until 20 weeks.  Hopefully we'll get to find out before Christmas and not after.  That would be the best Christmas gift!  We are pretty sure it's a boy, just a feeling though.  

Hopefully we'll have some pictures to post soon.  The following is of course not our baby, but an image of what ours should look like about now!   
http://3dpregnancy.parentsconnect.com/copy-image/

No comments: